1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.
3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits until He shall return to judge all men at the last day.
4. We believe the Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.
5. We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption.
6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous; and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).
8. We believe, teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).
9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).
10. We believe in sanctification. While sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification, we believe it includes a definite, instantaneous work of grace achieved by faith subsequent to regeneration (Acts 26:18; 1 John 1:9). Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the initial evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).
12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).
13. We believe in the imminent, personal, premillennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).
14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8).
At Tree of Life Ministries, we affirm the family values clearly defined and outlined in the Word of God. We refer to the scripture for God’s guidance and standard in all areas of life, which you can refer to at the end of this outline. Concerning the family, we see in scripture that God decided and created both male and female. Separate and not interchangeable in life and gender. God designed and defined both male and female gender roles. The origin of family is clearly and decisively found in the beginning of creation when God created man and woman. It was man and woman that God designed to bring about the institution of marriage between the two. It was God that designed the biological makeup of man and woman to join in the procreation of the family unit. Therefore, God’s Word clearly defines all forms of sexual practices other than that of a man and woman in marriage as sin.
Throughout God’s Word, He clearly expresses the desire for culture and His people to remain monogamous in relationship to one another in holy matrimony. Therefore, it is sin when people explore relationship/s outside the confines of marriage. It is also a sin to engage in any sexual activity before marriage.
In light of this, TOLM does not acknowledge, condone, nor does it participate in, the union of same-sex marriage or relationships of the like. TOLM also does not endorse the practices that alter the original genetic creation of God to accommodate any such lifestyle. Nor do we support any organization that promotes anything contrary to our Biblical stance concerning the subject of family values.
Tree of Life realizes that these, as well as other cultural topics, can be very controversial. We realize the gravity and weight these topics bring into the modern church. We realize that every person is loved by God, and He has called His church to that love as well. Considering this, we diligently strive to be Biblically consistent in our approach as to how we minister to everyone who walks through the doors of TOLM. We have prayerfully taken great strides to maintain a loving, but holy, Biblical stance on these topics. If at any point anyone wishes to further discuss anything on these topics, we welcome you to set an appointment with one of our staff pastors.